The machines are now whirring at our first bottling plant in Qatar, which was officially inaugurated on October 10, 2016. At the event we welcomed Irial Finan, Executive Vice President of The
As part of our long-term plan to support to the region, the state-of-the-art plant will provide 300 new jobs and represents an investment of $36 million. The plant covers an area of more than 28,000 square meters and contains PET plastic bottle production lines that will produce a range of sparkling and still beverages.
Speaking at the inauguration event held at the plant, Irial said “We selected Qatar because of its unique position in the region and it being one of the fastest-growing economies in the world. The country has a 2030 Vision, which aligns with our own mission to build local, consumer-driven, customer-focused, profitable and sustainable businesses. The creation of this plant allows us to proudly manufacture and distribute beverages in Qatar, invest in our people and provide tangible economic benefit to the country.” commented Finan at the inauguration.
“We are proud to be a part of Qatar and we will work to earn the trust of consumers, customers, business partners and all of our stakeholders in the country.”
The development of the new plant began in 2014, and it becomes the 26th
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Life with fewer calories is now available in the UAE
- Points of Impact: Why Coke CEO Muhtar Kent Visits a Store a Week
- Atlanta Goes Better With Coke
- 7 Questions With James Quincey: President and COO on Coke's New International Structure and Leadership Changes
- Coca-Cola CEO Sees Bright Future for Global Restaurant Industry