Asa Candler made one of the coolest bets in history. Plopping $2,300 on
Today the beverage empire sports a market cap of $182 billion.
When Candler began purchasing control of
By 1891, Candler had full control of the
When he sold the company in 1919, it was worth $25 million, or $342 million in today's money.
The enterprise he built eventually had a stock surge in the 1988-98 decade of almost 2,000%.
More on Journey
- 7 Questions With James Quincey: President and COO on Coke's New International Structure and Leadership Changes
- Coke's Muhtar Kent: 'Consumers Must Be at Center of Our Business Model'
- Coca-Cola reveals plans for new plant facility in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Coca-Cola inaugurates $36 Million Bottling Facility in Qatar
- Coca-Cola Life with fewer calories is now available in the UAE